[Gate-users] Energy Resolution

Miriam Dixon miriam.gatemc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:24:30 CEST 2020

Hi Gate Users,

I am modelling a physical SPECT system in GATE, and so trying to get my
simulation parameters as close as possible to the physical system
parameters. I am slightly confused about the energy resolution settings
within GATE. When I set the energy resolution in the digitizer to match the
measured energy resolution of my physical system (0.095, 9.5%) the energy
spectrum output shows a FWHM of my photo peak of ~10.6%. When I reduce the
given energy resolution to 0.085, I get a FWHM of 9.5%. The
EnergyOfReference is the same as the value of the photo peak of my
spectrum. What I have is usable, but I am very interested to know if anyone
has an explanation for this difference.

The energy resolution section of my digitizer macro reads:
# Energy Blurring
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert blurring
/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/setLaw inverseSquare
/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/inverseSquare/setResolution 0.085
/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/inverseSquare/setEnergyOfReference 140.0
keV

I am using vGate v9.0

Cheers,
Miriam