[Gate-users] Energy Resolution

Khalid Hussain khalidhussain1134 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:46:51 CEST 2020

Dear Miriam,

As per my experience , the below script
*/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/inverseSquare/setResolution
0.085, *Set the value of the energy window, so changing the energy window
will change the value of energy resolution that you get from singles.
Let assume Tc-99 which has reference energy 140kev, so, in this case if you
set  *setResolution 0.085 *, you are using energy window of 8.5 % which
means energy above 140+8.5=148.5kev and below 140-8.5=131.5 will not appear
in your energy resolution graph, and FWHM will be calculated within in this
window.

Similarly, if you increase the energy window to 10%  *setResolution 0.10 *the
energy below 130kev and above 150kev will be skipped. and hence FWHM will
be calculated from this window and this value with 10% energy window will
be a gigger value then the energy window of 8.5%.

Cheers,