[Gate-users] Adding parallelepiped phantom

Devir-Wolfman, Ayeleth (GE Healthcare) Ayeleth.Devir-Wolfman at ge.com
Wed Mar 16 08:26:07 CET 2022

Hello all,

I'm trying to add a parallelepiped phantom to my simulation, with the following script:
/gate/world/daughters/name                                    object
/gate/world/daughters/insert                                    para
/gate/object/geometry/setXLength                         9.551 cm
/gate/object/geometry/setYLength                         0.216 cm
/gate/object/geometry/setZLength                         10.0 cm
/gate/object/geometry/setAlpha                              53.0 deg
/gate/object/geometry/setTheta                              90.0 deg
/gate/object/geometry/setPhi                                   90.0 deg
/gate/object/setMaterial                                              Plastic
/gate/object/vis/forceSolid
/gate/object/vis/setColor                                            yellow
/gate/object/attachPhantomSD

When I run the macro, I see the other phantoms I have placed in the world, but not this one, and I don't receive any error message either.

  1.  I'm not sure if this phantom volume option is even implemented (in the user guide it is indicted as "... not yet implemented..."), although I have found files related to it in the code.
  2.  If it is implemented, what are the definitions of the angles (alpha, theta and phi)?

Thank you,
Ayeleth.