[Gate-users] (Source definition vs Physics) and (Singles vs Time information)

Dania Consuegra dconsuegra88 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:19:51 CEST 2018

Dear Gate user,

- I would like to know if it is possible to set and specific Physics (just
with few processes) for and specific volume of my geometry and a more
complicated one for the rest of my geometry....
My problem is that when I use a 18F source with all the Physics enable for
all the geometry I have Cherenkov Photon production even in the Phantom,
then my simulation becomes very slow and at some point stop the computer
because needs more than 7GiB of memory ....
For the phantom I just need to take into account the basic processes
(PhotoElectric, Compton etc, but not the Optical ones neither Scintillation
or Chererenkov)....

- I also have the following question about the time information that it is
stored in Singles output.root....
t1 and t2 correspond to the first Cherenkov Photon detected in each
direction, or it is a time1, time2 average of all the detected Cherenkov
Photon per/ 511 keV gamma in each direction....

Any help I would really appreciate it....

Kind regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez

Phd student Jožef Stefan Institute