[Gate-users] (Source definition vs Physics) and (Singles vs Time information)

Katrin Schnürle katrin at schnuerle.org
Thu Jul 26 11:53:49 CEST 2018

Hi Dania,

I am not sure, if you can change  the physics lists for different
volumes. I guess rather not. But I have different ideas that could maybe
help you:

- Use cuts for the different particles in the different volumes. So
maybe you can sort out  the particles that you don't want in your phantom.
- Same direction: use the kill actor to sort out particles that you
don't want.
- Other idea: split up your simulation in 2 with the use of phase space
as actor in the first and as source in the second. See here: how to
separate the phantom and detector tracking - phase space approach:
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide:How_to_run_Gate#How_to_separate_the_phantom_and_detector_tracking_-_Phase_space_approach

Good luck!
Katrin