[Gate-users] Gate installation

Nicolas Salem nicolas.salem at polymtl.ca
Wed Mar 9 04:53:38 CET 2011

Hi, this fix did not work.

I had these set at the beginning of env_gate.sh

export OPENGATE_HOME=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot
export GATEHOME=$OPENGATE_HOME/gate_v6.1
export G4VERSION="9.4"
export G4INSTALL=$OPENGATE_HOME/geant4.9.4.p01
export ROOTSYS=$OPENGATE_HOME/root
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib

ROOTSYS is thus set when I source the file. I changed GNUmakefile, but the error
message remained the same. The ROOT include directory is there as well. Any idea
what may be causing this?

Selon Didier Benoit <benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr>:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> You have a problem with ROOT, could you check your ROOTSYS variable.
> During the compilation the ROOT header files are missing.
> If you are the problem still, just add this line in the GNUmakefile:
>
> CPPFLAGS += -I/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root
>
> Check also if there is the ROOT include directory in
> /Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root
>
> Kind Regards,
> Didier Benoit
>
> On 03/08/2011 03:27 AM, Nicolas Salem wrote:
> > Hi, I am trying to run gate6.1 on a Mac OS X 10.6.6. I have followed all
> > instructions in
> >
> > http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/InstallationGuide
> >
> > for "installing Gate on OSX Panther-Tiger". Everything went well until
> > "Installing Gate". I then modified the file env_gate.sh by adding the
> following
> > lines at the beginning:
> >
> > export GATEHOME=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/gate_v6.1
> > export G4INSTALL=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/geant4.9.4.p01
> > export G4VERSION=9.4
> > export ROOTSYS=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root
> > export

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${ROOTSYS}/lib:/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/CLHEP/lib