[Gate-users] Gate installation

Didier Benoit benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
Tue Mar 8 12:45:45 CET 2011

Hi Nicolas,

You have a problem with ROOT, could you check your ROOTSYS variable.
During the compilation the ROOT header files are missing.
If you are the problem still, just add this line in the GNUmakefile:

CPPFLAGS += -I/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root

Check also if there is the ROOT include directory in
/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root

Kind Regards,
Didier Benoit

On 03/08/2011 03:27 AM, Nicolas Salem wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to run gate6.1 on a Mac OS X 10.6.6. I have followed all
> instructions in
>
> http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/InstallationGuide
>
> for "installing Gate on OSX Panther-Tiger". Everything went well until
> "Installing Gate". I then modified the file env_gate.sh by adding the following
> lines at the beginning:
>
> export GATEHOME=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/gate_v6.1
> export G4INSTALL=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/geant4.9.4.p01
> export G4VERSION=9.4
> export ROOTSYS=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${ROOTSYS}/lib:/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/CLHEP/lib
> export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib:$GATEHOME/bin/$G4SYSTEM
>
> After typing source env_gate.sh, I then type make and I get the following (see
> attached file). There are several errors in the output. I don't know whether or
> not this is what is preventing me from launching Gate, but when I try the PET
> benchmark, I get the following message:
>
> -bash: Gate: command not found
>
> Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?

Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer

Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
IMNC -- UMR 8165 CNRS -- Université Paris 7 -- Université Paris 11
Campus d'Orsay
Bâtiment 440
91405 ORSAY Cedex

Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76