[Gate-users] Gate installation

Arnulfo Martinez arnulfo at fisica.unam.mx
Wed Mar 9 22:27:23 CET 2011

Nicolas,

I've just compiled and run Gate v.6.1 on a Mac and it works fine. I
think you haven't defined correctly your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as in newer
versions of Root (I'm using v.5.26) it should be:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib/root

Also, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is no longer needed. These should be the
settings for Root:
export ROOTSYS=[whatever the path where you installed it]
export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib/root:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Finally, there are two errors at link time related to GateCommon.gmk
(which is called by GNUMakefile):
Creating shared library tmp/Darwin-g++/Gate/libGate.dylib ...
Using global libraries ...
Linking Gate
ld: warning: directory '/usr/X11R6/lib64' following -L not found
ld: warning: directory 'OOTSYS/lib' following -L not found
... Done!
You have to edit GateCommon.gmk and:
- change line 90 to solve the first problem,
   LDFLAGS += -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt

- change line 48 to solve the second problem,
   EXTRALIBS += -L$(ROOTSYS)/lib $(shell $(ROOTSYS)/bin/root-config
--libs) -ldl

Hope this helps.
---
Arnulfo Martinez-Davalos, Ph.D.