[Gate-users] Gate installation

Nicolas Salem nicolas.salem at polymtl.ca
Tue Mar 8 03:27:41 CET 2011

Hi, I am trying to run gate6.1 on a Mac OS X 10.6.6. I have followed all
instructions in

http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/InstallationGuide

for "installing Gate on OSX Panther-Tiger". Everything went well until
"Installing Gate". I then modified the file env_gate.sh by adding the following
lines at the beginning:

export GATEHOME=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/gate_v6.1
export G4INSTALL=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/geant4.9.4.p01
export G4VERSION=9.4
export ROOTSYS=/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/root
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${ROOTSYS}/lib:/Users/NSalem/Documents/GateRoot/CLHEP/lib
export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib:$GATEHOME/bin/$G4SYSTEM

After typing source env_gate.sh, I then type make and I get the following (see
attached file). There are several errors in the output. I don't know whether or
not this is what is preventing me from launching Gate, but when I try the PET
benchmark, I get the following message:

-bash: Gate: command not found

Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?