[Gate-users] GATE on Windows XP

Niklas Rehfeld rehfeld at imnc.in2p3.fr
Mon Jul 6 09:23:19 CEST 2009

Dear Nicholas,

I never tried to install GATE on Windows, but "M_PI" is simply the
constant pi=3.1415... this variable is usually provided by
a c library (and not c++) if I remember correctly (#include <cmath>).
"stricmp" looks to me also like c-function. My guess is that
visual c++ and g++ do not follow exactly the same convention regarding the
usage of c libaries in c++ programs. I would install mingw
(http://www.mingw.org/) and try if that works.

All the best,

Niklas