[Gate-users] Define Source Using User-define Energy Histogram

Yang,Ming mingyang at mdanderson.org
Mon Jul 6 20:26:40 CEST 2009

Hello Gaters,

I am trying to define a x-ray source using the user-defined energy histogram. My question is how do I define the unit when using /histpoint to define the energy histogram? And if I want to define two histograms - for example one for energy and one for angle, how does Gate know which histogram each /histpoint belong to.
Below is the macro file I have: Could any one check for me if I am right? Thanks a lot.

/gate/source/addSource xraygun
/gate/source/xraygun/setActivity   3.5 becquerel
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/particle gamma
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/energytype User
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/histname energy
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/histpoint 0.32 0.5
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/histpoint 0.64 0.5

/gate/source/xraygun/gps/type Plane
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/shape Rectangle
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/halfx 1.5 cm
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/halfy 1.5 cm
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/centre 0. 0. -1.6 cm

/gate/source/xraygun/gps/angtype iso
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/mintheta 0. deg
/gate/source/xraygun/gps/maxtheta 0. deg

Regards,

Ming Yang, M.S.
Graduate Research Assistant
Radiation Physics Department