[Gate-users] Gate_v4.0.0 & gcc

Peter Bloomfield peter.bloomfield at camhpet.ca
Thu Sep 4 17:36:39 CEST 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Alan Green wrote:
> Hello all
>

> I have just installed SUSE 11.0 on a workstation and am intending to put
> GATE on it. I note the gcc that comes with the system reports itself as
> being version 4.3.1; since the new GATE website says version  4.0.0
> requires gcc 3.2 - 4.1, do I need to "downgrade" my gcc to be in that
> range?

I installed Gate V4.0 under Fedora 9 which has gcc v4.3. I could compile Gate
and the PET benchmark executes, and the results of the analysis match the
expected. The only difficulty I had was with root, I could not link Gate
against root_v5.20.00 compiled with gcc v4.3. Strangely I could not compile
root_v5.14.00g at all using gcc v4.3.

In the end I used  root_v5.14.00g compiled under Fedora 8. I did not try any
other version of root between v5.14.00g and v5.20.00

Peter