[Gate-users] RE: Save random flag versus ROOT output

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:45:49 CET 2008

Hi,

2008/1/31, Maria Holstensson <Maria.Holstensson at icr.ac.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply! I tried setting all those flags to 0, but it
> doesn't make that big a difference in the size of the ROOT output file.

Are you sure to put all flags to 0 ? There is one flag per digitizer module,
such as :

#/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesAdderFlag 0
#/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesReadoutFlag 0
#/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesBlurringFlag 0
#/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesThresholderFlag 0

and more ... so if you defined such modules, I think this is the reason why
you even get big root files.

Hope it helps,
Simon

I have all the information I need in the ASCII output, and due to lack