[Gate-users] RE: Save random flag versus ROOT output

Maria Holstensson Maria.Holstensson at icr.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 14:16:35 CET 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I tried setting all those flags to 0, but it
doesn't make that big a difference in the size of the ROOT output file.

I have all the information I need in the ASCII output, and due to lack
of disk space I would like to exclude the ROOT output. But it doesn't
seem to be possible?
(If I at the same time want the random seeds)

Thanks again,
Maria

>>> "Hannes Hofmann" <opengate at f00f.de> 31/01/2008 10:22 >>>
Hi,

> Yes, at the moment my solution is the one you
> suggest - to include the ROOT output. But my simulations are run on
an
> external grid, and because the files are so big it takes a long time
> download the output files. Therefore I delete the ROOT files before
> downloading.

You could also consider disabling some output for ROOT if you do not
need
them, e.g.
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlag 0
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 0
/gate/output/root/setRootNtupleFlag 0
etc.

> Regarding the ASCII output, yes I have had a look at these in Excel
and
> they are truncated because the list is too long. But are they also
> truncated when analysing them with C-scripts such as
> benchmark_projections.c and benchmark_spectra.c? That wouldn't be
> ideal...

No, why should they... Excel is just not made for such things.

Regards,
Hannes

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.