[Gate-users] How to measure the path length that a beam traverses a phantom

mas fight1_fight2 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Oct 5 00:18:07 CEST 2022

* { font-size: 13px; font-family: 'MS Pゴシック', sans-serif;}p, ul, ol, blockquote { margin: 0;}a { color: #0064c8; text-decoration: none;}a:hover { color: #0057af; text-decoration: underline;}a:active { color: #004c98;}Hi GATE users.
I am masa and new to Gate.

I would like to calculate the path length that the photon beam traverses the phantom.

For example, in the case of a 3*3 matrix phantom with a pixel size of 1mm, if a pencil beam were incident from the 12 o'clock direction, the path length at center of the matrix would be 3mm.

①: Is there an actor that measures this path length? I want the length that the beam traverses the phantom without interacting, not LET or anything like that.

②: Also, if the pixel value of the phantom is considered only by the linear attenuation coefficient of water, is there a function that calculates the line integral value?

Thank you!

masa