[Gate-users] error "phantom had already been stored in /gate/. Object pointer is overwritten"

Sarah Blind sarah.blind at univ-lorraine.fr
Mon May 2 17:07:14 CEST 2022

Dear Gate users,

I come back to you because I feel stuck on this phantom problem.

I use a mouse phantom and I was able to run one simulation properly but since then I'm not able to run any other simulation.
I get the following problem :

-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : DET1010
issued by : G4SDStructure::AddNewDetector()
phantom had already been stored in /gate/. Object pointer is overwritten.
It's users' responsibility to delete the old sensitive detector object.
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

If someone has an idea, it would help me a lot!

Many thanks,
Regards,
Sarah Blind

Here is my GATE world.mac file :

BQ_BEGIN

/gate/world/geometry/setXLength 1 m
/gate/world/geometry/setYLength 1 m
/gate/world/geometry/setZLength 1 m
/gate/world/setMaterial Air

/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/SetMaterialTable ../data/Schneider2000MaterialsTable.txt
/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/SetDensityTable ../data/Schneider2000DensitiesTable.txt
/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/SetDensityTolerance 0.1 g/cm3
/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/SetOutputMaterialDatabaseFilename ../data/mouse-HUmaterials.db
/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/SetOutputHUMaterialFilename ../data/mouse-HU2mat.txt
/gate/HounsfieldMaterialGenerator/Generate

/gate/world/daughters/name mouse

/gate/world/daughters/insert ImageNestedParametrisedVolume

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase ../data/mouse-HUmaterials.db
/gate/mouse/geometry/setHUToMaterialFile ../data/mouse-HU2mat.txt
/gate/mouse/geometry/setImage ../data/mouse.hdr

/gate/mouse/attachPhantomSD

/gate/mouse/placement/setTranslation 0 -25 0 cm
/gate/mouse/placement/setRotationAxis 1 0 0
/gate/mouse/placement/setRotationAngle 90 deg

BQ_END