[Gate-users] FW: LET problem in GATE

Andreas Resch andreas.resch at meduniwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 31 10:46:30 CEST 2022

Dear Klara,

interesting!

Which Gate version are you using? e- production cuts? Max Step size
limit?

" May there be some artefact because of calculation grid and phantom
voxel size?" yes, that would be my first guess. Seems like is happening
every 2-3 voxels, which can come from having a non constant number of
geometric boundaries per scoring unit volume, e.g. if CT is 1.2695 mm
spaced and calculation grid 2 mm, in the third calculation voxel there
are two geometric boundaries, whereas in the first two are only one
each.

best,

Andreas