[Gate-users] understanding of the phase space root output

Sarah Blind sarah.blind at univ-lorraine.fr
Fri Jul 1 11:31:08 CEST 2022

Dear Gate users,

I'm trying to understand better the phase space actor and its root output.

I'm sending a 150 keV gamma source on a cluster of nanoparticles in water.
Here is my phase space actor:

/gate/actor/addActor PhaseSpaceActor phaseSpaceNP
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/attachTo NP
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/save output/output-phaseSpaceNP.root
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableParticleName true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableEkine true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/storeSecondaries true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/storeOutgoingParticles true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableProductionProcess true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableProductionVolume true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableTime true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enablePrimaryEnergy true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableEmissionPoint true
/gate/actor/phaseSpaceNP/enableTrackLength true

First of all, to what corresponds the 3 different phase space I obtain (79,80,81)?

Then I wish to understand the creator process parameter ; is my interpretation in red correct ?

Does someone know how I can count the number of Auger electrons ?
And what is the difference between "phot" and "photoelectric" ?

Thank you very much for your help,
Regards,
Sarah Blind