[Gate-users] issues with gate compilation

Sarah Blind sarah.blind at univ-lorraine.fr
Tue Nov 23 16:53:52 CET 2021

Dear Gate users,

I'm new to Gate and I encounter some problems compiling it.
Maybe someone here could help me? I'm sorry if the problem is obvious.

So, first of all I'm working on a virtualbox with Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
I installed Geant4 10.07 and downloaded the binaries for ROOT 6.24.06.
Now, when I try a sudo make in the gate9.1-build file, I get the following error :

error: ‘string_view’ is not a member of ‘std’
ote: ‘std::string_view’ is only available from C++17 onwards

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks for your help,
Sarah