[Gate-users] Attaching the sensitive detectors (SD) to trapezoid volume

Maxime Toussaint Maxime.Toussaint at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Nov 8 22:55:10 CET 2021

Greetings,

See Table 1.1 at https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/defining_a_system_scanner_ct_pet_spect_optical.html#id20

If my understanding of the table is correct, "cylindricalPET" system can only be defined with "box"-es.

Bests,
Maxime Toussaint

________________________________
De : Gate-users <gate-users-bounces at lists.opengatecollaboration.org> de la part de Xinjie Zeng <xinjie.zeng at stonybrook.edu>
Envoyé : 8 novembre 2021 15:43
À : gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org <gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org>
Objet : [Gate-users] Attaching the sensitive detectors (SD) to trapezoid volume

Dear Gate-users,

I am defining a "general trapezoid" volume to the crystal and it works fine when I only look at the geometry. However, when I try to attach the sensitive detector to the crystal, the simulation breaks and fails. Please see below the set-up:

/gate/systems/cylindricalPET/crystal/attach   crystal
/gate/crystal/attachCrystalSD

The Break message is attached. Nevertheless, when I define the geometry to "box", everything is fine. Does someone have experience with this or is there a bug in the trapezoid volume for attachCrystalSD? I have also tried "wedge" volume and the simulation breaks, too. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!
--
Xinjie Zeng
Ph.D. student