[Gate-users] job splitting takes too much time

Martin Sower melkatib1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:41:04 CEST 2020

Hi,

I installed the gjs (job splitter) and gjm (job merger) as in the Gate
User's guide and installed a Personal HTcondor as in
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/stable/cloud-computing/using-annex-first-time.html#install-a-personal-htcondor
with the tests passed successfully, and now I'm trying to split my
simulation to 2 jobs, with the command   gjs  -numberofsplits 2
-clusterplatform condor -condorscript
/home/..../Gate-8.2/cluster_tools/jobsplitter/script/condor.script
mysim.mac, I'm getting the .split and mysim1.mac in the .GATE directory but
nothing else, and the problem is that this command take too much long (1h
before I force them to stop), so my question is: is it normal that this gjs
command take such a long time? and what can be the origin of this problem?

thank you in advance for your help.
Martin