[Gate-users] Defining a pure alpha source with Gate?

Cassandra Miller cassandramiller at phas.ubc.ca
Mon Nov 9 23:22:19 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

I know it is possible to define a beta/gamma source with Gate, using
UserSpectrum and the "/gate/source/spectrumname/gps/particle beta"
command, for example. Is it possible to do this with alpha particles as
well? There is nothing in the documentation about it, but I think Geant4
is capable of doing things like that, so I was wondering if there was a
way..

Similarly, it is possible to use the "ion source" for an alpha emitting
isotope, but tell Gate to not simulate gammas/betas/anything besides
alphas?

Thank you!

Best,
Cassandra