[Gate-users] SiPM Simulation in PET Systems

maryam darami daramim at tbzmed.ac.ir
Thu Jan 9 13:37:00 CET 2020

Dear GATE experts,
My name is Maryam Darami, a MSc student of medical physics at the Tabriz university of medical science, Tabriz, Iran.
I'm a beginner in vGATE 8.1 and I have tendency to work on PET system simulation, while I have no experience in this context!
I desire to simulate a LYSO crystal coupled with SiPM array, but I have some questions.
For example:
1. What kind of changes to the digitizer mac file do I need to simulate the SiPM array instead of PMT?
2. Do I have to use optical simulation to simulate it?
3. If I should use it, how can I run optical simulation in vGATE 8.1?
I would be most grateful if you help me about that. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Maryam Darami