[Gate-users] problem with maximum number of repetitions

Dimitrios Thanasas dthanas at uoa.gr
Thu Jan 9 13:22:24 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

I use cubic array repeater and I notice that I cannot repeat a volume
more than 120x120x120 times. I tried 130x130x130 and GATE is trying to
load the geometry more than 15 hours (cpu speed 2.4 GHz, memory 32 GB).
I do not get an error message. When I use 120x120x120, It takes about
3-4 hours to load. It is not memory problem as I have free memory while
it is loading geometry. I think that this has to do with maximum number
of bytes that can be used as 2^21=2097152 and third root of 2^21 is 2^7=128.

If anyone know what this problem is and how to overcome it, please tell me.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris