[Gate-users] Feasibility of generating triple coincidence data using digitizer module

Zhengzhi Liu zliu36 at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 25 00:42:57 CET 2020

Hi Satyajit,

There are a couple of ways to generate triple coincidence events in GATE.
Both built-in function and post-processing of singles files are feasible to
achieve that goal. You may want to check out Multiple coincidences
<https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/digitizer_and_detector_modeling.html#multiple-coincidences>.
As to post-processing, you can set up a triple coincidence time window then
for every single event, then you search through its neighborhood to see if
there is any triple coincidence event. I am not a GATE expert, please use
the suggestion with caution.

Good luck,

Zhengzhi