[Gate-users] APLHAS AND BETAS?

David Boersma david.boersma at acmit.at
Wed Feb 5 16:48:17 CET 2020

Hello Anestis,

I am not a SPECT expert, but this sounds to me like a physics list issue. Which physics list are you using? Did you make sure that this physics list indeed includes the physics for alpha particles and nuclear decays?

The reference documentation for physics is here:

http://geant4-userdoc.web.cern.ch/geant4-userdoc/UsersGuides/PhysicsListGuide/html/index.html

If you'd ask me to make a guess for the right list to use for your simulation, I'd pick "Shielding_EMZ". But take it with a grain of salt, because like I mentioned, I am not a SPECT expert.

Hope that helps,

/David