[Gate-users] Attach DoseActor to Cylinder

Botnariuc, Daniela daniela.botnariuc.19 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 9 22:07:32 CET 2020

Dear Gate users,

I am simulating a proton pencil beam and I am trying to score the depth-dose curve in a cylindrical geometry. When I attach the dose actor to the cylindrical geometry, it appears that the dose is being calculated in a box as opposed to a cylinder. I ran the same simulation but scoring dose in a cuboid geometry whose X and Y lengths were the same as the diameter (for the same depth resolution) of the cylindrical volume and I get the exact same curve. How would I define the dose actor in order to score dose in the cylinder?

#GEOMETRY
/gate/world/daughters/name   PMMA
/gate/world/daughters/insert cylinder
/gate/PMMA/geometry/setRmax 4.08 cm
/gate/PMMA/geometry/setRmin 0. mm
/gate/PMMA/geometry/setHeight 20 cm
/gate/PMMA/placement/setTranslation 0 0 0.10 m
/gate/PMMA/setMaterial Water
/gate/PMMA/vis/setColor cyan
/gate/PMMA/describe

#DOSE ACTOR
/gate/actor/addActor   DoseActor   depthdose
/gate/actor/depthdose/attachTo   PMMA
/gate/actor/depthdose/stepHitType   random
/gate/actor/depthdose/setPosition   0 0 0 mm
/gate/actor/depthdose/setResolution   1  1 1000 mm
/gate/actor/depthdose/saveEveryNSeconds   60
/gate/actor/depthdose/enableDose   true
/gate/actor/depthdose/enableUncertaintyDose   true

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best wishes,
Daniela