[Gate-users] GATE v8.2 installation error

David Boersma david.boersma at acmit.at
Sun Feb 17 20:04:22 CET 2019

Hi Ezzat,

Could you check your shell environment? In particular: does Gate get linked against the same geant4 install as the one you used to compile Gate v8.2?

One way to check (on linux, this this won't work on macos):

ldd $(which Gate)

The "G4" libraries should be the ones from 10.05. One way to get wrong linking is to have an old "source /my/favorite/geant4/install/bin/geant4.sh" in your .bashrc (a bad habit, in my opinion, but widespread).

HTH,
David