[Gate-users] Release GATE v8.2

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Feb 15 14:57:29 CET 2019

Dear Gaters,

I am please to announce that the *Gate version 8.2* has just been released.
It uses the last Geant4 10.5 version and is available for download here
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/releases>.

Here is a list of *new features*:
- New actor to compute muMap (PR 209
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/209>)
- New actor Proton Nuclear Information (PR 206
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/206>)
- New actor Neural Network based ARF for SPECT (PR 197
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/197>)
- New actor multi material thermal (PR 195
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/195>)
- New actor Neutron Track Length Estimator (NTLE) (PR 193
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/193>)
- New actor X ray phase contrast (PR 170
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/170>)

Also, several *bug corrections and update* have been made. Among them:
- adaptation to the new RTK 2.0 release (PR 221
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/221>)
- solved random crash (PR 222 <https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/222>)
- time is stored in double rather than float in PhaseSpace (PR 205
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/205>)
- optimization of VoxelizedMass (PR 199
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/199>)
and several others ...

Warm *thanks* for all contributors (see here
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/blob/develop/AUTHORS> for a list, hope no
one is missing) ! I remind you that contributions
<http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Bepartofit> are welcome,
you can propose new feature, bug corrections, update, examples etc ...

The *vGate*, the Gate Virtual Machine, with this last version is on the way
and should be ready very soon (thanks Maxime !). Lydia will also soon let
you know all the next events related to the OpenGate community.

Remember that OpenGate <http://www.opengatecollaboration.org> is an open
collaboration, feel free to contact us ...

for the Opengate collaboration,
David Sarrut

GATE home page:http://www.opengatecollaboration.org
GATE help:  http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Main_Page
GATE source code: https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate
GATE examples macro: https://github.com/OpenGATE/GateContrib

*(if you like Gate, you can add 'star' the github repo, it helps, thanks !)*

--
David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS