[Gate-users] Change physics list/step function

Jana Kretschmer jana.kretschmer at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Dec 18 16:05:50 CET 2019

Dear John,

Thank you for your answer!

I tried to set the step function as follows:

/gate/physics/addPhysicsList     QGSP_BIC_EMZ
/gate/run/initialize
/process/eLoss/StepFunction 0.05 0.1 mm
/process/eLoss/StepFunctionMuHad 0.05 0.1 mm

Since the simulation output on the physics did not change I added other commands, which were displayed correctly in the physics output:
/process/eLoss/linLossLimit 0.44
/process/msc/RangeFactor 0.18
/process/msc/RangeFactorMuHad 0.18

output:
msc:   for e-    SubType= 10
      RangeFactor= 0.18, stepLimitType: 3, latDisplacement: 1, skin= 1, geomFactor= 2.5
      ===== EM models for the G4Region  DefaultRegionForTheWorld ======
            UrbanMsc :  Emin=        0 eV    Emax=      100 MeV  Table with 120 bins Emin=    100 eV    Emax=    100 MeV
        WentzelVIUni :  Emin=      100 MeV   Emax=       10 TeV  Table with 100 bins Emin=    100 MeV   Emax=     10 TeV

eIoni:   for  e-    SubType= 2
      dE/dx and range tables from 100 eV  to 10 TeV in 220 bins
      Lambda tables from threshold to 10 TeV, 20 bins per decade, spline: 1
      finalRange(mm)= 0.1, dRoverRange= 0.2, integral: 1, fluct: 1, linLossLimit= 0.44
      ===== EM models for the G4Region  DefaultRegionForTheWorld ======
             PenIoni :  Emin=        0 eV    Emax=        1 MeV
        MollerBhabha :  Emin=        1 MeV   Emax=       10 TeV   deltaVI

Do you have any idea, why this is the case? Did I miss something? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jana

P.S. Sorry to everyone for sending this email twice!