[Gate-users] Flat divergent field

Weidner Jan Jan.Weidner at ptw.de
Mon Apr 15 14:25:54 CEST 2019

Hello,

I would like to create an idealized divergent radiation therapy field 10x10cm and ssd=1m. More precisely I would like a source such that:

*         All particles start at the point [0 0 1] m

*         Their direction sampling is equivalent to the following procedure:

Pick a point uniformly from all points in the xy plane with coordinates -5cm < x,y < 5cm.

Aim the particle gun at that point and shoot.

Is this possible in Gate? If so how?

Best
Jan

Dr. Jan Weidner
Software Development

Phone: +49 761 49055-714
Fax:      +49 761 49055-70
Email:  Jan.Weidner at PTW.de<mailto:Jan.Weidner at PTW.de>
.
PTW-Freiburg Physikalisch-Technische Werkst?tten Dr. Pychlau GmbH
L?rracher Str. 7 | 79115 Freiburg, Germany
www.ptw.de<http://www.ptw.de/> | Follow us: LinkedIn<https://de.linkedin.com/company/ptw-/>
.
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Dr. Christian Pychlau, Dr. Tobias Sch?le
Registergericht Freiburg HRB Nr. 1673 | WEEE Reg.-Nr. DE 15599992
.

[cid:ptw_logo.jpg]