[Gate-users] Problem with Regular navigation algorithm developed by Mr David Sarrut

Said Kaddouch saidkaddouch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:08:41 CEST 2019

dear gate users
from few weeks I tray to use a Regular navigation algorithm developed by Mr
David Sarrut (Region-oriented CT image representation for reducing computing
time of Monte Carlo simulations 2008), as follow:

/gate/world/daughters/name                    _phantom
/gate/world/daughters/insert                     ImageRegionalizedVolume
/gate  /_phantom/geometry/setImage
../data/m000-sorti16bit_golem.h33
/gate/_phantom/geometry/setRangeToMaterialFile
../data/range_geo.dat

 but it does not work. It gives this error:

Core-0] Initialization of geometry
GateImageRegionalizedVolume.cc (l.195): ImageRegionalized Volume
<golem_phantom> : No distance map provided, the navigation could not be
optimized.
Please use /gate/golem_phantom/geometry/buildAndDumpDistanceTransfo dmap.mhd
to generate the dmap and then, /gate/patient/geometry/distanceMap dmap.mhd
to use it.

please, if someone already used this algorithm, tell me how can I solve
this problem.
thank you.