[Gate-users] Internet link to download GATE.V6 software

Boersma David - MedAustron david.boersma at medaustron.at
Tue Sep 18 09:59:33 CEST 2018

Hello Iftikhar,

Welcome to GATE!

Are you sure that you would like to use V6? We normally recommend new users to just install the latest release. That is currently version 8.1 (or 8.1.p01).

You can download GATE by navigating to our website, http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/ and then using the “download” dropdown menu. The “GATE” item will get you to the source code packages of the recent releases. For a beginner it may be a bit challenging to do the compilation and installation from source code, so you may want to select the second download item instead, which is “vGATE”, which will get you to the list of “virtual machine” files that you can open with “VirtualBox” (on any computer with any OS, as long as it has enough RAM available). If you really want to run V6 then you select “previous versions of GATE” in the “vGATE” item, and then land on a page where you can find (among others) vGATE v2.0, which contains GATE v6.1.

It is also recommended to have a look at the “documentation” menu items on the http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/ website, in particular “users guide” and “examples”. If you would like to compile GATE from source (but really, it is probably better to first try things out with vGATE) then you should look at the “installation guide”.

Please let us know if this worked for you, and if you need further guidance.
Have fun!
David