[Gate-users] How to determine positron emission points

Rukiah katoshka_7880 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 08:12:38 CEST 2018

Hi Gate users,
To measure a positron range, I had to collect the positron annihilation points coordinates and emission points coordinates. As I am an intermediate user of GATE and Linux, I used this method to collect the coordinates:
#to print all simulation output on screen
/tracking/verbose 2

#extract the annihilation point coordinates
Gate code.mac | grep "phantom_phys annihil" >output.txt

However, I have difficulties to find the emission points as there is no physics process output that related to it, except the process called
'initStep' for example as attached. Can anyone confirm if the InitStep is actually represents the emission points?
Thank you.

 Rukiah A LatiffPhD studentThe University of Sydney