[Gate-users] What happens when two sources are in superposition

Maxime Toussaint maxime.toussaint at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Mar 19 20:17:48 CET 2018

Hi,

I was looking at the Gate documentation to reproduce a derenzo-like
phantom and when it came to define the sources activity, I was unsure
how to proceed to have a constant ratio between hot spots of different
size vs the background. What happens when two sources volume are in
superposition? Does their activity "add up" in the intersected volume?

 From my understanding of the Gate users guide, it would make sense that
they add up. There does not seems to have a mother/daughter approach to
the source creation, which would be needed, I think, to define the
intersection volume. Thus, to obtained a fixed ratio between any hot
spot vs background, I need to estimate the activity that is expected to
come from a given hot spot and adjust its activity in consequence.

While I am there, I have another question. Is their a way to search in
the mailing list archive without checking every month subjects list
manually?

Have a nice day,
Maxime Toussaint