[Gate-users] Root Phase space

Boersma David david.boersma at medaustron.at
Mon Mar 19 14:01:01 CET 2018

Hi!

I think that this is probably related to a typo in line 127 (line 126 in newer releases) of source/physics/src/GateSourcePhaseSpace.cc that persisted until release 7.1, it was fixed in release 7.2.

The best solution is to upgrade to the newest release (currently that is 8.0, but very soon, hopefully this week or next week, we will release 8.1).

If for some extremely important reason you need to stick to version 7.1 or even older, then you can fix it yourself by editing that line, the old wrong version is:

if (T->GetListOfBranches()->FindObject("Particlename")) {

and the fix is to capitalize the “n” in “Particlename”, so you get:

if (T->GetListOfBranches()->FindObject("ParticleName")) {

(Just like how it’s spelled in the next line.)

Then you rebuild Gate (just run “make” again in the build directory, assuming you also still have the same ROOT and Geant4 version as last time you compiled Gate), and maybe “make install” if you did that also previously.

HTH,
David