[Gate-users] PET - Cherenkov photon coincidences and TOF - STIR vs GATE !!!

Dania Consuegra dconsuegra88 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:37:25 CEST 2018

Dear gate users,

I'm working now with a more realistic PET geometry (4 rings of 48 detectors
blocks) and I'm getting reasonable results for Cherenkov photon coincidences
and TOF.

I would like to continue studying the influence of the TOF in the
reconstructed image but, I haven't been able to reconstruct any image of my
*jaszczak_phantom*. I can see some .raw images of my Phantom in slides an
3D using the DoseActor but I know that this is dependent of the Source and
Phantom definition, not a reconstruction....

I would like to get Phantom images taking into account the Cherenkov photon
coincidences detected in the SiPMs....

I installed *STIR *but the information available about how to make
compatible my Gate.output with the *STIR* input is not really helping me….

Any suggestion about *STIR *or another program for reconstruct my phantom
images I would really appreciate it….

Best regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez

Phd student *Jožef Stefan Institute*