[Gate-users] electron positron annihilation in 3 photons

John Apostolakis John.Apostolakis at cern.ch
Wed Dec 5 15:07:23 CET 2018

Dear Meysar, ( David, )

I am reliably informed that the upcoming release of Geant4, version 10.5, includes a process for three-photon annihilation of positrons.  Full validation of this is pending.

Also it is not included in the pre-constructed physics lists, so it must be configured by the user.  I think that in terms of GATE this would mean that some C++ coding would be required to use it.

I note that Geant4 version 10.5 is scheduled for release this Friday, December 7th.

Best regards,
John
John Apostolakis,  EP Department, CERN
SFT (SoFTware for Experiments) Group
Office: Building 32/ room R-003 (ground floor),  Mail: J27210
Email:  john.apostolakis at cern.ch<mailto:john.apostolakis at cern.ch>       Office Tel:  +41-22-767-7239