[Gate-users] How to detect 2D optical photons map?

shahrokh nasseri shahrokh.nasseri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:43:57 CET 2018

Hi dear users and developers

I want to detect a two-dimensional map of optical photon produced at the
surface of a crystal with the size of 40 x 40 cm2.

I have already simulated it for another purpose with the “*scanner*”
system. At now, I've noticed that the system of “*OpticalSystem*” has been
added to GATE.

For this purpose (2D map of optical photons produced), which of these
systems (*scanner* or *OpticalSystem*) should I use?

What is the difference between these systems (*scanner* and *OpticalSystem*
)?

Thanks a lot.

Shahrokh