[Gate-users] How do you use the Fluence Actor and get meaningful results?

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 17 10:30:19 CEST 2017

Hi,
The FluenceActor has been developed to record the particles entering a
volume. To do this, it checks if you are at a geometric boundary
step->GetPreStepPoint()->GetStepStatus() == fGeomBoundary
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/blob/develop/source/digits_hits/src/GateFluenceActor.cc#L255>
Here you set the size and the position so it might not be aligned with any
boundary and therefore returns a zero image. I would suggest creating a
daughter volume of the waterbox and attach the fluence actor to this
daughter volume.
Note that setResolution does not take a unit, it's a number of voxels.
Simon