[Gate-users] How do you use the Fluence Actor and get meaningful results?

Kurt V kurtv1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 17:07:36 CEST 2017

How do you use the Fluence Actor and get meaningful results?

I want to generate data for two plots:
1) A 2D graph of fluence vs energy
2) A fluence image in 2D (Slice of 3D).

I cannot seem to use the Fluence actor in .mhd/.raw to get meaningful data.

My script for the FluenceActor is simplified and I will attach the macro. All other doseactors run fine but, I am putting them in root/.txt output.

What happens is I run the FluenceActor macro, I open up the .mhd file with vV to visualize and I just get full black/white or full color images and no meaningful data. The same thing for ImageJ.

Is there some catch to using vV to view this image type or something I am missing?

(Any help on how to interpret the FluenceActor in .mhd/.raw format is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Kurt W. Van Delinder

# Fluence Tumor #

/gate/actor/addActor FluenceActor          FluTumor
/gate/actor/FluTumor/save                        output/FluTumor.hdr
/gate/actor/FluTumor/attachTo                waterbox
/gate/actor/FluTumor/stepHitType          pre
/gate/actor/FluTumor/setPosition            0 0 0 cm
/gate/actor/FluTumor/setSize                   2 2 2 cm
/gate/actor/FluTumor/setResolution       10 10 10 mm
/gate/actor/FluTumor/enableScatter       true