[Gate-users] Cannot get characteristic photons, gamma-rays from Gadolinium/Boron neutron cross section.

Elia Alessio alessio.elia at medaustron.at
Tue Dec 19 08:13:33 CET 2017

Hello Kurt,

I am not an expert in this topic but I have few comments that maybe can help:

-        It is concerning me a little bit the fact that you are trying to add a physic process with a physic builder (QGSP_BERT_HP_EMV) in place. I am not 100% sure this is working.... I think that in principle you should have an entire modified physic list.. maybe someone else from the community can give more insights here

-        From what you wrote it is difficult to understand if the there is no output produced by Gate or you got an output that you think is wrong.. Could you please give more details?

-        I guess the process you are trying to reproduce needs a very high neutron fluence which is not so easy to obtain unless you do not use very energetic protons and extremely high statistic... maybe more details here could also help?

Cheers
Alessio