[Gate-users] ROI in CT image

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 26 07:21:00 CEST 2016

Hello Consuelo,

you can attach several DoseActor
<http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.2:Readout_parameters_for_Radiotherapy_applications:_Actors#Dose_measurement>
to the same CT image, each DA may have its own pixel size and location
within the CT image: use setSize (bounding box size) & setResolution (nb of
pixels), and setPosition. DA may overlap if needed. Each will output an
independent mhd image with correct spacing/size/origin.

HTH,
David
PS: a new version of VV (1.4) is available on http://vv.creatis.insa-lyon.fr

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Consuelo Guardiola <guardiola at imnc.in2p3.fr
> wrote:

> Dear Gate community,
>
> I'm inserting a CT image in Gate by using the VV-software and, after
> figuring out some issues, it is working. Nevertheless, in order to save
> computational time, I wonder if I can split my CT-image in ROIs
> (regions-of-interest) and therefore getting different 'DimSize' (and its
> corresponding 'ElementSpacing') in these regions? I mean: I would like to
> compute the dose distribution in a specific region/volume with high
> precision, but don't in others.
>
> I would appreciate whatever advice to do it providing it is possible.
> Best,
> Consuelo.

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut