[Gate-users] Voxelized phantom and source - GPU simulations

Edwin Leung ekleung at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 19 08:50:17 CEST 2016

Hi Goncalo,

Please take a look at the following link as the proposed solution in the
link may solve your problem. It solved mine.

http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/mailman/private/gate-users/2016-June/009003.html

I solved the problem by modifying and recompiling the GATE source code. In
the source code folder, you will see a file named CMakeLists.txt and inside
you will find a line with CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS and two "-gencode
arch=compute_XX,code=sm_XX;" where XX = 20 or 30 (which corresponds to
Compute Capability 2.0 or 3.0).

Compute Capability 2.0 and 3.0 are for GPUs that are ~5+ years old so your
GPU most likely will have a Compute Capability that is higher than those
two. To identify the Compute Capability of your GPU, please refer to the
Compute Capability you see when running CUDA example 5 or the link below:

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

>From what I understand, CUDA doesn't come with SDK anymore. While the link
to the proposed solution (that I provided earlier) recommended we use the
same filepath for both CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR and CUDA_SDK_ROOT_DIR, the
example script worked with a blank CUDA_SDK_ROOT_DIR for me.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Ed

*Goncalo Cosme* g.cosme at campus.fct.unl.pt
<gate-users%40lists.opengatecollaboration.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BGate-users%5D%20Voxelized%20phantom%20and%20source%20-%20GPU%20simulations&In-Reply-To=%3CCAGmJBLYD5MLk9OcTpbZXf4GBu9ve5OqrEgDm2QHAdeiFD4QsFg%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
*Sat Sep 17 14:06:06 CEST 2016*