[Gate-users] Gate dose/edep in cylindrical coordinates?

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 4 08:33:49 CEST 2016

Hi Andreas,

seems nice ! As I understand, you keep store image with a 3D matrix, but
change the meaning : instead of (cartesian) x,y,z axis, you consider theta,
phi, r is it right ? As you said, it could be included in the DoseActor
itself with a flag enabling cylindrical (or polar) instead of cartesian
coordinates.

I think it could be a nice additional feature to the dose actor. If you are
happy with your solution, could you please provide code modification and a
simple test example (ideally as a pull request) so that it can be included
in the next Gate release ? I am pretty sure that other users will be
interested by this feature !

thanks,
David