[Gate-users] Problems compiling Gate_v7.2, using Ubuntu 16.04

David Boersma david.boersma at physics.uu.se
Tue Nov 29 17:35:52 CET 2016

Hi Nicolas,

Glad I could help so far.

Den 29/11/2016 kl. 17:16, skrev Triltsch, Nicolas:
> Hey David,
>
> Okay, pretty cool, thanks!! With Root v5 it works now:) It compiles 100%
> correct with ITK/RTK = OFF. But if I switch them ON, I get the following
> *error* after 99% of compiling:

(linking error about missing libITKReview)

Did you maybe compile ITK from source? If you did, then you may need to
go into the "advanced" options in ccmake (in the *ITK* build directory),
and in the long list of "modules" you need to enable the "review"
module. Rebuild and reinstall ITK, then redo the GATE build (I think it
would be good to start from cmake).

I have no clue what this "Review" module does, but when I compiled
"elastix" (a popular open source image registration program based on
ITK) I got a very similar build error. However, I think that elastix
checks the availability of that ITK Review module already during CMake,
instead of letting the linker stumble over it. Maybe we need to make
copy-steal this very useful cmake-check into the GATE CMakeLists.txt as
well (assuming that this indeed fixes your linking problem).

David

> Additionally, I get a *warning *after 60%:

That warning looks harmless.
(Famous last words....)

/David