[Gate-users] Floating point exception with cilindricalPet

Pedro Correia pmcorreia at ua.pt
Wed Apr 27 14:36:43 CEST 2016

Dear Gate users, on behalf of Gonçalo Cosme, i want to address the following question

Currently I am trying to simulate a simple PET geometry and I want to simulate with GPU to fasten the simulation times.
What I am doing is taking the main-gpu.mac from the pet GPU examples and applying only my geometry.

In my geometry, I am interested in simulating two rsectors simultaneously in a cylindricalPET system, therefore I use the command: /gate/systems/cylindricalPET/addAnewRsector. When done so, terminal indicates the error: *** Break *** floating point exception.
When simulation without the said command it works normally.

Have I encountered a bug in GATE? Can someone recreate this error?

I can provide the stack trace of all threads if it aids you in figuring out this problem.
I am using Gate v7.1, Geant4.10.01, CUDA 6.0, root5.34.32 all run in centOS 6.5.

Kind regards,
Goncalo Cosme