[Gate-users] Issues on voxelized dose calculations for a phantom

Alex Vergara Gil alexvergaragil at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:11:02 CEST 2015

Dear All

I have seen three files

GateVImageVolume
GateGeometryVoxelRangeTranslator
GateGeometryVoxelTabulatedTranslator

with the same ReadTranslationTable procedure. Is this intended? Is
there an intention to put this procedure in the last two classes?
There is currently no relation between these three classes more than
the last two inherits from the same class. What is the intention in
this case? It affects how a translation table is read and passed to
G4.

Regards
Alex

> Dear all
>
> I think I have found a posible bug related to my issue (possible wrong
> material handler in voxelized range translator, giving bad density
> values and therefore bad dose calculations). In the file
> GateGeometryVoxelRangeTranslator.cc, specifically in the function
>
> G4String GateGeometryVoxelRangeTranslator::GetNextMaterial(G4bool doReset)
> {
>   static GateVoxelMaterialTranslationRangeVector::iterator anIterator
> = m_voxelMaterialTranslation.begin();
>
>   if (doReset)
>     anIterator = m_voxelMaterialTranslation.begin();
>
>   G4String aMaterial = ( anIterator!=m_voxelMaterialTranslation.end()
> ) ? anIterator->second : G4String("") ;
>   if (aMaterial!="")
>     anIterator++;
>
>   return aMaterial;
> }
>
> Here you may see that the iterator is initialized every time the
> function is called, I think it is better to put the iterator as a
> variable, but you know better than me, so please could you explain why
> it is used a static iterator here?
>
> Regards
> Alex

>> On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 at 13:01 Alex Vergara Gil <alexvergaragil at gmail.com>