[Gate-users] How to get KERMA approximation in GATE simulation?

Said Kaddouch saidkaddouch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 18:41:06 CEST 2015

dear gate-users

I'm currently using GATE for therapy dosimetry applications. i need to
calculate the Specific Absorbed Dose SAF for sources organs using voxelized
male phantom based on CT images. Everything looked great in my macros, but
when  I running the macro with mono energetic gamma  particles and
comparing the results against published literature, the results are very
different.

the DoseActor gives me an interfile output with a deposited dose in each
voxel,

I think de problem that the DoseActor allows to calculate just the
deposited dose but not the KERMA approximation.  my question is How to get
*kerma*  approximation in GATE simulation?
thank you in advance.