[Gate-users] mixing physics lists builders

Psoroulas Serena Serena.Psoroulas at psi.ch
Wed Jul 23 09:49:28 CEST 2014

Dear all,

for a proton therapy simulation we are investigating the impact of
several lists and parameters on our pencil beams. We would in particular
like to use a physics list with high precision on low-energy neutrons
(like QGSP_BIC_HP), but at the same time we have observed that this list
uses the EMoption = 0 (i.e. the settings of the emstandard EM physics
list). We would instead like to use a more "mixed approach", either
using the settings of emstandandard_opt3 physics list, or those of
empenelope. Is there a way to do it using the physics list builders? Or
would any command /gate/physics/addPhysicsList overwrite the settings of
a previous command of the similar kind?

Thank you

Yours faithfully

Serena

PSI - Paul Scherrer Institut

Mrs. Dr. Serena Psoroulas

Scientific officer - Beam technologies development

Centre for Proton Therapy

WMSA/C13
5232 Villigen PSI

Switzerland